Pageviews past week

Monday, October 4, 2010

Voting them in

I've heard a great deal lately about voting people out. Those who hold these signs, shaking them in our faces, seem like very angry people. Those who repeat the mantra in less angry tones say things like, well, I really don't know what else to do.

I would suggest something as equally absurd as simply voting for anyone except incumbents. Vote only for incumbents. Absurd? Of course it is. Voting for someone who has been in office for years simply because you are familiar with the guy is no reason to vote for him. Doesn't the guy's voting record matter? Of course it does.

By the same token, newcomers need to be checked out. Would you buy a new car this way? Would you become so angry with your old car that you just said, forget it, I'm just buying a car- I don't care what it looks like or how it drives!

If you can't take the time to look into who you're voting for. Stay home. Watch another episode of Jersey Shore. I was going to make a pun on the Situation, but it just doesn't seem worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment