Pageviews past week

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Does it mean anything?


Somehow, I stumbled on a website that actually cited my blog entry on Plato, Aristotle, and the Soul of Education. I have no idea how it got there, but if you go to Yasni.com and type in Jasper Neel, somewhere way down on the sites, when you get to the blogs that mention him, my blog might come up on your screen. I tried to get my wife to look at it on her computer, but it didn't work, so I had to carry Whit's computer over to her and show it to her. She was not impressed.

However, having looked at the post again, I realized that I had used the wrong first name for one of my mentor teachers of all time. When I wrote the piece long ago, I had said his name was Anthony, but I now realize that is his brother (whom I also see from time to time). Well, it took me a half hour just to remember how to edit my pages. I have now done the edit, and for anyone who happens to stumble on it, it is now correct.

I ran into Kevin McCann recently at the East Greenbush library, and he hadn't seemed to have changed a lick. He is still as sharp as ever and he still remembered my sister's name after many many years. I will count myself lucky if I can still remember a student after some forty years or so when I have retired. Simply for this, Mr. McCann deserves to get credit in my blog instead of his brother....

No comments:

Post a Comment